Daniel Kindberg has left the assignment as Östersunds FK’s chairman. But there is still a sounding board in the club. Something that got one of ÖFK’s sponsors, the engineering group Engcon, to withdraw from cooperation.
– We have no sponsorship agreement with them, says Engcon’s CEO Krister Blomgren to Östersundsposten.
Daniel Kindberg is charged with financial crime, and he left the role of chairman of Östersunds FK this winter.
But Kindberg has remained in the scenes around the club, he was among other places at the allsvenska premiere against AIK this weekend and has a role as ”sportadvisor for ÖFK.
Several of the club’s sponsors have reacted, writes Östersundsposten. One of the sponsors, Engcon, has now withdrawn.
– We have no sponsorship agreement with them now, says company CEO Krister Blomgren to ÖP.
However, he does not want to clarify why he withdrew.
– We have that dialogue directly with them.
Another sponsor, Hallström’s workshops, is open with the fact that you do not want to see Kindberg in the club in any form. The company has already filed its sponsorship contribution to the club but the CEO Nils-Åke Hallström thinks that ÖFK’s ex-chairman should release all forms of involvement in the club. He says that it was a requirement from the sponsors that Kindberg should leave completely.
– It is embarrassing for us sponsors if we expressly say that we do not want Kindberg to do. I know some of the big sponsors who do not want to be associated with this kind of thing, says CEO Nils-Åke Hallström to ÖP and adds:
– There are many who have withdrawn.